ok...so i have known about craig's list for many years. i have witnessed dave use the site to turn stuff he doesn't want into money. through all of that, i have never really looked through the site until i attempted to sell my chuck norris approved total gym. my initial asking price was $150, which led to 3 interested people who never got back to me after i e-mailed them with pics. i have since dropped the price to $120, then $100 and now $80. not one bite.
eh? you know you want it.
while i am at my wit's end trying to sell this thing and am about to just give it away...i have spent some time going through craig's list and i now realize i have been missing out on a lot. there are countless groups i can join. tons of other people's garbage i can buy. various activities i can partake in. i had just spent the last 2 hours or so being totally sucked into the world of craig's list and been messaging phil with many of the gems i have discovered. some of these include:
- taking an intermediate hip hop class for $17 - taught by a guy whose nickname is "brent"
- join an a capella group
- get involved in a d&d group that is just starting things up after a lengthy hiatus
- join a 420 club where they "trade 420 for cash"
- adopt a pure bred baby cappuccino monkey
- host a pleasure party
- assist in taking some boudoir photography
- get a "killer hand/foot massage" in dupont
- join a jamaican 420 club
- give someone one of my kidneys
bgc: we like board games
kevin: me too!
bgc: sorry, club is full
it would probably just be good for me to be more social, meet some new people and get out of the house more. i will report back as to any future craig's list adventures i may experience in the future.