Tuesday, July 27, 2010

whatever....don't judge me

in continuing with today's theme of places a little north of maryland, i wanted to mention my excitement for the return of jersey shore. i guess it's equal parts, excitement, shame and lowered expectations. i really got into the show last year and i have spent a little time trying to figure out why it appealed to me. i don't act like the people on the show and if i met them in real life, i would probably want nothing to do with any of them. yet, i am compelled to watch the show and thoroughly enjoy it.

it's possible that the blatant girl-chasing/partying/completely selfish ways that the shore people live by speaks to some buried away part of my sub-conscious. or maybe it's just fun to laugh at ridiculous people and fist pump along. it's mindless television at it's best. let's see...what else?
  • jersey accents are fun(ny)
  • the situation is a quote machine
  • awful house music
  • t-shirts tighter than mine
  • romantic shenanigans
  • nicknames/new terminology
  • assy mtv editing
there is also something fun about being interested and involved in a pop culture phenomenon, where you can feel everyone collectively buzzing about it. i know this season won't be the same and as the characters get more popular, visible and self-aware, it will lose it's luster quickly. i am also aware that this show might be garbage and the people involved are awful in so many ways, but i will allow myself to get excited and look forward to watching the premiere in a few days. we might even try to make another run at a jersey shore party...who knows?
"Everybody at the Shore definitely knows The Situation. As far as I know, everybody loves The Situation, and if you don't love The Situation, I'm gonna make you love The Situation."

"There's no way I'm going to Jersey without my hair gel. Can't leave without my gel."

"If you're not a guido then you can get the f*ck outta my face."

"Yo, I mean, this situation is gonna be indescribable, you can't even describe the situation that you're about to get into with The Situation."

"He's a really good guy. That's the kind of guy I need in my life. I think his name is Ron."

"She just doesn't want to feel like a trash bag because she has a boyfriend and she kissed me with her tongue."

"I'm gonna break it down dancing, I love the beats, I got my creepy patent move."

"You better be hittin' the gym and if you're not hittin' the gym for like an hour or so, you know, you may have a problem. Okay, cause I'm at the gym for like an hour-and-a-half... ya know? Workin' on my fitness."

"We're beatin'-up-the-beat, that's what we say when we're doing our fist pump. First, we start off by banging the ground, we're banging it as the beat builds 'cause that beat's hittin' us so we're fightin' back, it's like we beat up that beat."

"Pauly D. was with the grenade ... When you go into battle, you need to have some friends with you, so that just in case a grenade gets thrown at you, one of your buddies takes it first."

"Yo, Pauly D has a little situation on his hands... she's definitely a stage 5 clinger."

"It's obvious that Sammi has a crush on me... it goes back to the days of prehistoric kindergarten."

1 comment:

turbo2oh said...

haha great quotes esp. "You better be hittin' the gym and if you're not hittin' the gym for like an hour or so, you know, you may have a problem. Okay, cause I'm at the gym for like an hour-and-a-half... ya know? Workin' on my fitness."