with that in mind, i had joined forces with dave's skinny gf to lose weight in some sort of biggest loser non competition agreement. i won't go into her details, but i will admit to have a starting weight of 206. i know...that's a fucking lot for someone who is questionably 5'8 (at least 3 inches taller than dave). the plan is to lose a total of 20lbs (186) by august 1. while we started the agreement on wednesday night, i had actually lost 4 lbs to get down to 202 on saturday. good start.
while i can be good during the week, of course i got derailed over the weekend. i blame dave as he started things off with presenting a treasure trove of candies purchased from 5 below. it started me off on a downward spiral that my insulin levels would not recover from. i did manage to only drink 1 beer and no liquor the entire weekend. i consider that at least a partial victory, but the candy binge and snacking from staying in both nights was truly a setback. i weighed myself this morning: 205.
so i basically undid my good work last week and am back to where i started. i will hopefully continue to be pretty strict with my eating during the week and also really minimize my damage during the weekend. i will continue to hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week and also include more non-exercise physical activity (nepa for those in the know).
i will also try to keep myself accountable by posting my updates weekly so if i am slacking, i will feel ashamed. hopefully this doesn't just make me give up and instead serves as an outside force that keeps me motivated. now what i need from my friends is to call me out, especially on the weekends when i am straying far off from healthy diet. here are some examples:
- sean k should toss my pizza pie off into the distance like a frisbee
- dave should ask for one bite of my spaghetti and roll the entire plates worth onto his fork
- brodie should go all michael flatley on my bag of chips...i won't eat crumbs
- laura should slap dance the candy out of my hand just before it reaches my mouth
- nam should kick my burrito so that all that's left are the beans and veggies
- chris should take all of my whiskey shots for me
- phil should bench press anything i order that involves a bread bowl
- dan should take my greasy chinese carryout and run it over with his bicycle