- i got to spend an entire week with louise...no work, chores, errands, mentally challenged dog, etc.
- the beach...ridiculously clean and beautiful
- the swimming pools..also very well maintained...louise and i played a lot in the pool
- our room...it was gigantic with 18 foot ceilings, sunken living room
- unlimited drinking...which was good in theory
- relaxed pace
- staff...all worked very hard...most were very friendly
- swimming with sting rays and nurse sharks
- the grounds...very well maintained, lots of plants and wildlife...ducks!
- topless women...while it started off with more older women...it shifted more towards hot and young as our vacation progressed
- my british gf emma
- straight chillin
- i got a serious stomach bug which i blame soley on one chubby little kid that did a cannonball off of the pool bar...he also tried to punch me at one point
- the food...it was ok buffet food...but i am used to excellent cruise food
- not as many activities...again this is more based on my cruising experiences...we did go to one show which was a mashup of performers imitating famous singers
- aggressive salespeople that want you to tour their timeshares, look at their jewelery, etc.
- lack of sunblock...my mom convinced me that our 2 bottles of sunblock were enough...she may not truly understand louise's level of whiteness...we had to buy another bottle...we went with the cheapest one we could find ($20)
- rude europeans...now i generally think fondly about europe and europeans as i had a great time there 10 years ago...but damn, they were so unnecessarily nasty to the staff and seemed to never tip...they also butted in line at the buffet often
- one of the guys at the omelete station...i don't know what i did to him, but he was always giving me the stink eye
it was a very nice and relaxing vacation and i would probably have more drunken exploits to report had i not gotten sick. the whole trip was a good deal and i would consider doing it again in a few years, but maybe upgrade to slightly nicer resort with the hopes that the food is nicer and there are a few more things to do.